Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shepherds Harvest 2010

I am totally wiped out. I got up at 5:30 this morning to meet a bus and go with members of the Zumbro River Fiber Arts Guild up to Lake Elmo, Minnesota to the Shepherds Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival . Imagine a County Fairground full of fiber vendors, classes, demonstrations, fiber animal barns and a few thousand (?) happy fiber fanatics. Sound like fun? I spent the morning happily shopping for roving, silk, books and other things absolutely necessary for my survival

Lunch was deep fried walleye chunks. Yes, it was good. I wanted to get the fried pickles, too, but decided to save my money for the important stuff.

After lunch, two of my fiber friends were scheduled to take a nuno felted bracelet class taught by Leslie Granbeck. I wandered over to class with them, and lo-and-behold, there was still a spot open in the class. So I took the class, too. We used beautifully dyed cotton scrim and prefelts for one of the bracelets, and the other bracelt was a collage (mosaic?) design using various fabrics on a prefelt base. A good time was had by all despite it being quite chilly.

We got back to the bus where there was a general show and tell and lots of happy comparing of notes about what we saw and purchased. We all agreed that the bus was an excellent way to go to the festival.

No comments: