Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Here a Scarf, There a Scarf




OK, I've been on a bit of a scarf kick. My favorite is the one in the first image. It has some silk hankies embellishing it, and some decorative holes at the ends (I felt so daring making holes on purpose-haha).
Last week I visited Ginny's Fine Fabrics. She has the most amazing assortment of silks and other really cool fabrics. This is not your average fabric store. I managed to behave with admirable restraint. My credit card did not burst into flames.
Besides some blue silk (chiffon?), I couldn't resist getting a small piece of a beautiful handpainted mesh fabric from Italy. I felted it onto a black background. I'll put a picture of it in my next post. I might have to go back and get some more of it. I haven't decided.
Until next time....





3 comments:

Shalana, the funky felter said...

They are all truly lovely! I especially like the blue and white diamond patterned one :)

Renee Nation said...

I like that one, too. I had the blue silk for a very long time before I got brave enough to use it. It was very pretty all by itself.

MorningStarArts said...

I love the bottom one. Hi Renee, didn't know you had a blog--it's very nice!