Sunday, January 11, 2009
The schedule for The Midwest Felting Symposium is supposed to be posted soon.
Shalana, The Funky Felter , sent me the felted necklace I won in a contest. It's very pretty, and casual, which works well for me.
That's all for today.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
- January 24th I am teaching Basic 3D wet felting at Crossings in Zumbrota.
- January 22, I am getting together with another Minnesota feltmaker for a day of felting fun. Feltmaking for me is usually a solitary occupation, so I am looking foward to working with someone for a change. This young lady makes hats using Churro-Navaho wool.
- February 7th I am taking a class by Jill Lynn at The Fiber Studio in Minneapolis called Fusion Collage Scarf.
- March13-15 I am taking a scarf workshop by Chad Alice Hagen.
Speaking of Ms. Hagen, the grapevine has it that she will be teaching at the Midwest Felting Symposium in July. Jean Hicks is also said to be teaching there. I can't wait until the schedule is posted.
Our camera started giving us a memory card error of some sort, so it has been sent off for a repair. I hope it comes back soon. Blogging without pictures, even my poor ones, is not nearly as much fun for you readers. And my sitemeter tells me that people have been stopping by from all over the globe. Hello to all of you! I hope you enjoy yourself when you stop by here. Please feel free to comment. It is fun for me to hear from you.
My goals for the week are:
- prepare for the class I'm teaching
- finish needle felting a bowl I've started
- make one scarf using the ultra fine merino I ordered before Christmas