Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scarves and vessels

Just some things I've felted lately.

Mocha scarf. So named because I've already spilled coffee on it. I'll probably keep this one. Machine needle felted.
Nuno scarf on silk, made in class last weekend.
Nuno scarf made with Optim and mesh.
Nuno scarf made with lace.
Seaweed scarf

And some vessels.

This picture was taken on a cloudy day with no flash. The color is really washed out.

Large vessel with silk cap cut into pieces.

Ode to the Red Hat Society.

An example of why you should never give up on a piece. This thing sat on my shelf for months. I was never happy with it and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Finally I needle felted the surface with swirls and reshaped it into a square vessel. I like it much much more.

Something sort of Christmas-y.
That's all. I don't have much to say right now. Just wanted to catch up on pictures.
Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

liz said...

My, my, my have we been a busy little felter! Everything looks beautiful! I've tried needle felting on lace, but not nuno. Very clever!

Becky Utecht said...

Thanks for sharing all photos. I especially like the scarf with lace and the the silk one with the leaves. And I love the vessel with the silk caps. Great save on the square vessel, too.

Renee said...

Thank you, Liz and Becky. The lace worked very well with the wool and came out with a nice ruffle.

lou said...

I love the vessels! lou x

ingermaaike said...

Wonderful collection of vessels!
I love the term nuno, so I'll stick to it :0D