Saturday, October 4, 2008

Satisfaction

I said I'd be satisfied if I tried out some scarf ideas and felted two vessels that I'd started. I actually got it done. I love love love Frabjous Fibers Multicolored Merino Top, seen in colorway Moulin Rouge on the scarf with the ribbons. I found Frabjous when I got the chance to go to Susan's Fiber Shop in Wisconsin last August (Hi Susan!). The rainbow colored merino on the first scarf pictured, is some I got quite a while ago from The Fiber Studio in Minneapolis (Hi Pam!) I am a sucker for those multicolored fibers.
Below are the two bowls I wet felted yesterday. I am undecided about them. They are telling me they are not finished. Since I plan to donate them to Channel One's Empty Bowls Fundraiser, I'd like them to stay more or less bowl shaped. So I will keep working on them.
Today I made some updates on the blog settings, and thought about possibilities for needle felting classes I could teach. I also came across an awesome Etsy shop by an artist who calls herself Deebs. She does some incredible needle felted art. I wish she'd come and teach.
I didn't get any actual felting done today. Too much going on here with kids and their friends. We are totally enjoying these autumn days. We've had sunny skies and cool temperatures. The trees are usually in peak color around this time, but this year I think it will peak a bit later. Any of you keeping track of that sort of thing? This is the part of fall I love, but I always feel a bit sad (or SAD) knowing that before too long, the weather will turn rainy and colder. When that happens, I'll just have to cheer myself up by making felt.

No comments: