Thursday, October 9, 2008

Basic Three Dimensional Wet-Felting

I'm teaching in January at Crossings in Zumbrota, Minnesota. The title is Basic Three Dimensional Wet-Felting. I'm excited, but suddenly nervous, after seeing my name right there on the Internet. Yikes! Anyone out there in southeast Minnesota, come check it out. We'll have a lot of fun, I promise.
I'll also have some felted vessels on display for the Holiday Open House at Crossings the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'll post the link when it is there.
This week I've been working on scarves. Michael's had a sale on Paton's Pooch yarn for $1.99 per skein so I loaded up. Pooch is one of those yarns that lends itself to felting projects. It has texture like popcorn. Anyway, I had to justify spending $xx on yarn, so I incorporated it into a few scarves. My daughter named one of them the Seaweed Scarf, and another the Puppydog Scarf.
Meanwhile, Child #6 turned 2 years old yesterday. We had a Coldstone ice cream cake. That is the third birthday in our house in the last 10 days. That's a lot of Coldstone ice cream cake, so I will have to work out today. Not something I really enjoy, so I'll really have to exercise my self-discipline as well.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Hooked On Felt said...

The Rules:

* Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random and some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Enjoy! You've been tagged!
Suzanne Higgs
hookedonfelt.blogspot.com