Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wet Felted Vessels


I've been asked to teach again. (Yay!) This time it will be wet felted vessels for adults. Here are a few samples. These were made on 5-7" inflatable balls. I've started experimenting with shaping these small vessels instead of leaving them round.
The proprietor asked if I could come up with a more catchy name for the class, and I agree"wet felted vessels" doesn't sound all that glamorous. Ideas anyone? I googled, and almost everyone lists similar classes as "wet felted vessels" or something very close.
I am trying to stay productive. Two more vessels are laid out ready for felting, and I'll also try out some scarf ideas that have been simmering in my head for some time. If I accomplish that this week, I'll be pleased.

2 comments:

Becky Utecht said...

Congrats on another teaching assignment. :-) You are an inspiration to get going on felting. I've got tons of fiber to use up here.
Maybe you could just call the class Felt Vessels or Felted Vessels?

Renee said...

Thank you Becky. And I've enjoyed reading your adventures with sheep. I wish some really nice hand painted roving would escape from a truck near my house :) I'd be happy to rescue it!