Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Midsummer

Goodness, it's been a long time since I've posted.
Now, I am in the midst of teaching at the week-long textile camp. On our first day I taught the basics of felting. We did beads, so the kids could get the feel for working with the wool and see how it changes when you add water, soap, and aggitation. Today, we started on some small bowls, done on inflatable balls. We "dressed" the balls in 3 layers of wool added decorative yarn, then covered them with 2 layers of nylons. Thursday we'll do the wet felting, and Friday we'll do the finishing touches.
Friday, after camp, I leave for the Midwest Felting Symposium in Madison, Wisconsin. Lisa Klakulak is teaching a two-day workshop called: Felting Three-Dimensional Mini-Handbags. I know it will be fun.

No comments: