Sunday, April 20, 2008

Felting Books

I went to visit my "wish list" on Amazon today. It is quite extensive.
Of special interest, there is a new book called Creative Felting by Lizzie Houghton that I'd like to have. A felting acquaintance recommended it.
Also, I am especially looking forward to Nancy Hoerner's Felt Inlays book that is due to be published sometime this year.
Another book that will probably find it's way to my shelf is The Art of Felt by Francoise Teller-Loumagne.
I already own several of the newer books published, including How We Felt by Carol Huber Cypher. I really like this one. She has projects from several well respected artists who describe their process. Uniquely Felt, by Chris White, is another favorite, because she explains several different types of felt making.
Fabulous Felted Scarves is a must have. Authors Alice Hagen and Jorie Johnson are two of the most respected felt makers out there.
I have not done any sculptural needle felting so I can't comment on any of the books on that topic.
It is fun to look though all these books, even if I don't make some of the projects. There are so many talented artists out there, each with their own vision and style. That is something I aspire to become: an artist with some depth and uniqueness, rather than someone who just dabbles in a variety of things. Time will tell.

No comments: