Sunday, April 20, 2008

Embellisher landscape collage


Friday night I finished punching out the basic landscape. There are a few spots I'll need to fill in so that it will be a full 11" x 14". Next step: layer on some details. I've looked at many people's work, and there are quite a few who add details using free motion embroidery, but I've never done that, and I'm not sure I want to try it with my old basic Singer sewing machine. Maybe I'll use some yarn and roving to add details, and then beads and other embellishments.
Obviously this isn't felting, but it is an interesting way to use my needle felting machine. "Punching" fabric is being done by a number of people. Start by looking at work by Christopher Nejman, author of Pillows. There are some Yahoo groups addressing this technique as well.

No comments: