Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bluff Country Art Tour



The wind howled all night, and I woke up to see a bit of snow on the ground. I don't want to be one of those people who complain about the weather, but it's almost MAY! Even the children look out at the snow, and their shoulders slump so you know it's been a long winter. A gentle warm breeze would be just delightful. I'll take two of those, please, with some extra sunshine.


But the day shaped up very nicely. I arrived at the Bluff Country Artists' Gallery at 10am, and it was already buzzing. My felted and fulled pieces were displayed in a cozy area with other fiber art, including some hand dyed (painted?) silk scarves and men's ties, some handbags, and some nuno scarves.


I had brought some additional pieces with me, so I set those out as well, and made myself comfortable adding some beads to one of my pieces and needlefelting a small bowl as a means of demonstrating one aspect of felting.


The BCAG board took very good care of the artists who were there. They provided us with sandwiches, coffee, cookies, cheese and crackers, fruit, and punch, and, of course, homemade bars.


I sold only one thing, but I left feeling very good. I think I'm a compliment junky. I received many good comments, and by the end of the day, felt very encouraged and affirmed.

No comments: