Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Janome Xpression

Happy Birthday to me ! My DH got me the Janome Xpression needle felting (needle punch) machine for my birthday. Isn't he great? I haven't had much time to play with it yet, I did some fiddling around. It goes pretty fast, and has some serious needles...size 36 or 38. If I get an accessory from my Janome dealer, I can get different gauge needles from Try Our Designs. This site also has some good techniques for using a needle felting machine for various projects.
I would like to start a project with my new toy, but first...
I am in the midst of making wolf masks for the school play. I thought about wet felting some masks, but I found a remnant of "better fur" at Mills End Textiles that was just the right color, so I am sewing them. They look pretty cool. So I must finish them before I start anything else. My son is one of the wolves in the play, so I have a vested interest in the masks.

No comments: